Wednesday 18 April 2012

"Champion the right to be yourself, dare to be different and to set your own pattern, live your own life and follow your own star." (Wilferd A. Peterson)


Discovering who we are

I am learning to find out for myself what I believe, what I stand for, and what suits me. 

I realised a little while ago, that recreating what others say or do, only gets me part of the way to where I want to be. It took some time to realise that I not only had to find my own style, I had to find my own voice, too. And that what nurtures my soul, is unique to me, and only I can truly know what my limits are. 

Losing sight of that recently, left me temporarily off-balance. It brought home to me how important it is to recognise that what is true for others isn't necessarily true for us, in the same way that an outfit that suits our friend, will not necessarily fit us the way we want it to.  

We could try it on, and find a new element to add to our own style, but realise that when we look in the mirror, WE make the final decision on whether or not it fits or suits us.

We wouldn't wear the same clothes as someone else, why would we wear the same lifestyle or thoughts? 

Listen to your heart, be true to you. 

Purlgirl xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License, unless otherwise stated.