Sunday 22 April 2012

"Angels fly because they carry themselves lightly." (Gilbert K. Chesterton)


Letting go of what we no longer need

If I no longer love my yarn, it's up to me to give it away and let someone else discover it for their own new project. 

There is only so much time, and we need to let go, let go of the projects that we once thought we would knit, let go of the wool we no longer love, and let go of the thoughts we no longer need. 

We let go by realising what we truly need, not what we must let go of, and once we can see what we need, and we find space for it, the rest falls away easily. 

I have been spring cleaning this week, and this time my focus has not been just on tidying my room, but on organising my room, on finding where everything lives, even if perhaps that's not where I would expect others to put it.

And sometimes when we clear out our wardrobes, we clear out the old thoughts in our minds, too, and we make space for the future.  

Purlgirl xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License, unless otherwise stated.