Sunday 8 April 2012

"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead." (Louisa May Alcott)


Rising to the challenge

Joining a knitting group has given me the confidence to try more intricate patterns. Because if I watch others for long enough, I start to believe I can do it, too. 

Sometimes you forget that others had to start where you were, and that they have been knitting for 50 years, or even just devoted more time to it. But by being with them, in their presence, you learn not only how to fix your own mistakes, but how to aim higher, to rise to new challenges. 

Being with others gives you role models, people to aspire to, and in time, you may look up and find that you are providing inspiration to others.  

Purlgirl xx


2 comments:

  1. Again a beautiful post! And I think you are a very inspiring person!
    Happy Easter to you dear lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Elke, for your kind words! I hope you, too, had a Happy Easter! I am learning to see it as a time for renewal of the spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License, unless otherwise stated.