Sunday 29 April 2012

"Welcome to wherever you are, this is your life, you've made it this far" (Bon Jovi)



Leaving it as we would wish to find it

When we read a book, a bookmark allows us to mark the place we had reached, so that we can put the book down in the confidence that we will be able to find our place and continue reading. 

I realised recently that there is a great delight to be had in knowing that when I pick up my knitting, I can simply continue where I left off, be it the start of a new row, or a new section of my pattern. My little knitting notebook helps me to keep track of where I am and what I have to do next, and serves as a guide to the next step. 


We need not complete the task at hand in one sitting, however, we need to leave off at a point where we will know where we are when we come back to it. 

Whether it's packing our handbag in readiness for work the night before, or finding out where everything lives and returning it to its home, we feel a sense of peace when we leave it behind. And when we come back, we can see how far we have come. We know where we are and we can move forward. 

If we leave everything as we wish to find it, it's as if we are bookmarking our lives, we can see how far we have come, and we give ourselves the energy/motivation to carry on. 

Though it may not be complete, leave nothing unfinished.

Where are you right now? 

Purlgirl xx


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! Never thought of life like this before and it's a really interesting and inspiring way of considering the process of 'letting go'.

    As I am in the middle of the process of learning to let go (my word for 2012), I am very grateful for you, posting this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Elke, it's amazing how everything we do in life can teach us lessons to apply to the rest of our lives, and it means a lot to know that others feel the same way.

    I too am learning to let go, it's inspiring to realise that others are too.

    Good luck, I am starting to realise that life is an ongoing process! xx

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License, unless otherwise stated.